In a new report for consultation, Independent SAGE recommends several actions for a safe return to universities.
- regular testing of all students & staff
- Reduction of in person student social activities recommended including Freshers’ Week
- Call for Universities to work with students to agree a contract committing everybody to act responsibly on and off campus
- Masks required for any face-to-face classroom teaching
- Students to form ‘residential bubbles’
Universities are urged to make online teaching the ‘default option’ as higher than usual numbers of students are expected following the A-level grading scandal.